Thursday, July 24, 2014

Celebrate...

Today is a special day for me y'all!  When I woke up from my mastectomy on May 30th, I had EIGHT drains.  They're painful, uncomfortable, unsightly and a whole bunch of other unpleasant adjectives.  However, today, I got rid of Big Boi and Andre 3000, my two remaining drains (yes, I named them...like a boss. LOL!)

A celebration card is definitely in order!  That's why the Simon Say Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Embossing is perfect for me to express my happiness!  I used the Simon Says Stamp set Cupcake Party to create this card.


I used my Fri-Dies from Cas-ual Fridays Stamps for the foliage.  This is a gourmet cupcake y'all!


It's so hard to capture an embossed surface sometimes!  Here you can see that I embossed, the swiss dotted circle behind the cupcake.  I also embossed the cupcake wrapper and frosting.  I even embossed the sentiment!  I used all Zing! powders.


When is the last time you celebrated yourself?  Food for thought!



3 comments:

StephC said...

Girl, you've been on a roll! Another fabulous creation. So glad to hear you're doing better, and that the last two drains are out! Hugs!!

Nora Noll said...

What a beautiful card!! I love the layering and the fun way you embossed this. Congratulations on feeling better!!

debby4000 said...

Yes you definitely need a card to celebrate and this one is fabulous.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby