Thursday, July 14, 2011

Celebrate the Good Things

I want you all to know that I truly love my husband.  I mean, I don't love him...I L-O-V-E him!  BUT...sometimes, I get a little short with him when I've had a long day at work, I've got three homework assignments pending, there is a mountain of laundry to do, dinner needs to be prepared and my 22 month old son is hanging on to my leg like there are seven angry drawfs chasing him!  So, I may not be a sweet or give him as many hugs or cuddle and watch our favorite shows like I normally do.  Actually I bury myself in my crafts after my son goes to bed and I try to melt away the stress of the day.  My hubby gets lost in that shuffle at times and while I was crafting last night, I ran across an wooden block stamp that I bought for $1.00 from Michael's.  It simply said "Celebrate the Good Things".  It hit me like a metric ton of bricks!  Though my life can get a little hectic from time to time, there are a plethora of great things in it that make the struggle worth while.  One of the major good things (besides Picard, my son) is my husband, Terence.  I need to celebrate the fact that he is wonderful - more.  This stamp was just the reminder I needed! 

So, here is the card I made as a result of my epiphany.  I'm also submitting it in the SCS341 Sketch Challenge.  Here are the juices and berries:



I've been waiting to use this Graphic 45 Josephine Baker stamp!  Isn't it darling?  Well, that's all for now!  Y'all come back real soon!

Rochelle

1 comment:

The Crafty Caryn said...

Loving card...& I too LOVE my hubbie! He is always encouraging me to go to my craft studio when work stresses me out. He loves that I have a hobbie (as he has football) that keeps me out of his space "man cave" LOL...