Monday, July 7, 2014

Succulents on my mind...

I think succulents are beautiful, elegant, dreamy even.  They're super trendy right now because they're affordable (somewhat anyway) and they're hard to kill.  However, they're so ingrained in my mind that it has spilled over into my paper crafting.

I used THIS leaf die and coordinating stamp set from Verve to create this card for the Case This Sketch Challenge.  Even though nothing on this card resembles a succulent, I still love the green leaves and the natural feel of it.

Here is the sketch:

Here is my card:

Okay, so, I may or may not have broken the little loop at the top of the cameo and colored it in with a gold metallic Sharpie.  I did use said Sharpie to make some golden berries on the leaves.  That's GOT to count for something! LOL!


Making this card lifted my spirits today!




1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love that sweet little silhouette! Wonderful take on the sketch!