Monday, December 10, 2012

So Simple Series: One stamp, one sentiment

Hey there Bloggeritas!  It seems like change is blowing in the air!  Can you feel it?  Well, there are about to be a plethora of changes here at Two Tears!  I'm launching my new blog and store here on February 15th!  Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing snippets of my new series and projects that will be featured here.

So, the first series that will be a bi-weekly feature is:  "So Simple"
What I like about this concept is that it's not "Clean and Simple" it's just simple.  Sometimes you can create a very impactful project with minimal effort.  I'm going to be sharing my ideas and tips for doing that.  Most projects will only take 4 - 6 steps.

This week I'd like to share a card with you that to me, is very impressive for the small amount of effort it took to make it.


Step one:  Create card base (this is a standard 4.25" x 5.5") and round the upper left and lower right corners.

Step two:  Trim front panel to desired dimensions (mine is 3.5" x 4.75") and round upper left hand corner and lower right hand corner.


Step Three:  Trim a piece of card stock that is wide enough for your sentiment and long enough to go the entire width of the front panel.  Stamp your sentiment (my sentiment is from Market Street Stamps "Prancer") and adhere to front panel.

Step Four:  Stamp the focal image (I used the medallion from Skipping Stone Design's "Victorian Summer"). Color inner medallion on the image.


Step five:  Adhere bling in the center of image.

Step six:  Ink edges of front panel with tea dye distress ink.  Adhere panel with mounting squares.

Then, BOOM!  You're done!

I hope you enjoyed this snipped of "So Simple".  Remember, I launch my new and improved Two Tears in my Bucket on February 15th!


No comments: