Thursday, July 24, 2014

POW, BANG, EXPLOSIVE!

I just received a huge gift of some The Alley Way Stamps.  My favorite set that I received is "KA-POW".  I'm a HUGE comic book fan.  I don't care if it's DC or Marvel or even a good graphic novel.  I swoon over comics.  When I saw the new CASE Study challenge inspiration photo, I knew I had to use my new comic book inspired stamps.

Here is the inspiration photo:



Here is my interpretation of the situation:


Now that I'm looking at this card, I realize I need to change the blades on my paper trimmer.  I see some jagged edges!  Oops!  Don't you just love the comic vibe on this card?  The nerd in me (which is all of me) is doing the running man right now! LOL!


I heat embossed the explosion behind "BANG".  I love that little detail.  Oh, I used the speech bubble die from WPlus9 and I used one of my Spellbinders Rectangle Nesties for the orange panel.

If I were a super hero, I'd totally be equal parts, Storm of the X-Men (Marvel), Wonder Woman of the Justice League (DC) and Cat Woman nemesis/love interest of Batman (DC).  Just in case you were wondering?

What's your super power?




9 comments:

StephC said...

Now this is a card that I would buy in a store, instantly! What a fabulous, and well put together card. I HEART THIS!

Great way to use those new stamps! :)

Michelle said...

Fantastic!! I don't see any jagged edges. I just see pure FABULOUS! I have always been Wonder Woman, but I also identified with Bat Girl when I was younger. ;-)

Julia said...

Wow! This card is amazing! Love it!

~amy~ said...

Now how fun is this?! I recently become a Marvel fan!
Thanks for joining us at Case Study!

Monica Maier said...

What a great and fun card! My boys ( husband included) would love a card like this too!

Toni said...

I love this--I'm going to have to check those stamps out!

Jeanne J said...

POW!! This one hit me out of no where! Love the comic book theme and quote bubbles. Super cool and so FUN!

judkajudi said...

Congrats on the shout out at CASE Study! Brilliant work.

Izolda said...

Absolutely awesome card!!! It's amazing how you came up with it. Love comics spirit on it.
I haven't read any comics book, but love watching super-hero movies and shows. As well as Big Bang Theory (if this counts lol).
And always wanted to have some super power. But maybe some witchcraft.
Congrats on CASE Study top 3!